Friday, March 12, 2004

And Now For A Post In English.

So, a little update. As I announced on Probeersel.com, the guest comic arrived and it's gonna appear on Reasons Why We Rule sometime next week. I'm glad - I put a day and a half of hard work into it and even though the result looks really good, it's not a crossover or anything, so the only place I'd be able to post it otherwise is in my own guest comics / loose stuff collection. And, well, it sucks to publish a guest comic on your own site that never got accepted. So keep an eye out for the big, nice-looking version on RWWR next week, and I'll make sure to put a cut-up, slightly smaller, conforming-to-probeersel.com-standards version in my beforementioned collection once it's up, too.
Other than that, I'm busy trying to storyboard new episodes of the Grim DotCom. The backstash has been nearly completely digested again and I have less than a month left of episodes. To top that off, I suddenly realised the last episode appears during Easter, and I sort of half-planned to do an Easter episode. I have a few ideas on how to fit it in WITH the storyline I'll be running around that time, but still. Currently I'm pacing around the house muttering to myself "good jokes involving geeks in a bowling alley.. come on, René, you can do this.. jokes with geeks and bowling... geeks, bowling..." - I'd imagine it's quite a sight. My roommate isn't home yet though so only the cats got to enjoy this.
Speaking of both my roommate and the cats, the cats are due for their half-year shots. And Vik promised to be here to help the cats get to the vet. It's 8 minutes past the vet's opening time and they're only open for an hour. So I'm wondering where the heck he is..
Guy from the housing agency came by today to check out the damage to our shower ceiling. Didn't do anything because all he decided it was was paint coming off. Yeah, so ? They told us when we signed the contract that ANY costs to the house, like even tiny screws (outside AND inside) or parts for the water taps or anything, we can get them to deliver instead of paying for it ourselves. Now, in two years time, the only costs so far they've had from us was that that ceiling got painted LAST time. So I would find it pretty unreasonable if they don't get it painted THIS time. We'll see how they respond.
Friends apparently will be coming over tonight. Busy day !!!
Anyway, gonna see if I can reach my roommie on his cellphone. Later folks. Wish me luck on the storyboarding because the ideas don't seem to come yet.

No comments: