Thursday, March 11, 2004

This Post Gets Rid Of The Women Post.

Alright, just one more test I bumped into. Again, one that's been recommended to me. I raised an eyebrow because it tests what kind of manager you are and, well, I'm a friggin' CREATOR. I like to do the WORK, MAKE beautiful things, and I hate steering people or giving orders. I also don't like to rely on other people's work because too many people prove to be completely unreliable and then it's your ass on the line even though you're not at fault. It's all too complicated, too nasty, too political, and more often than not it can really make people turn against you. I like to assist, or otherwise get my hands dirty myself. But anyway. I took the test despite all this.

The Visionary:
Their Strengths: These leaders establish a vision and are able to articulate that vision to inspire others. Visionaries come up with big picture ideas that embrace the future and get others to commit to the vision so that they feel connected to the company's future. As people with foresight and imagination, these leaders have a good sense of where the industry will be and how the company should fit into that picture. They can show how staff will benefit from the vision by clearly articulating the benefits. These people are charismatic, persuasive and have strong character that inspires loyalty. Visionaries have an agenda and use interpersonal networks to achieve that agenda. Because of their charisma, these leaders inspire strong emotional reactions including negative reactions from more concrete thinkers who want implementation details.
Best Scenario: These leaders are great first CEOs of start-ups to attract a top management team and resources. Visionaries can revitalize a large, established company that hit hard times.
Problem area: Visionaries aren't particularly good at developing processes and procedures for strategy implementation.
Needs support from: Visionaries are most effective with help from Strategists or Diplomats to implement an agenda.

No comments: