Thursday, March 25, 2004

"Spring Is In The Air" "Why Should I ?!"

Little Urbanus-reference for those of you who know the Belgian comedian. Anyway.
Today was an odd day because I actually ENJOYED it. Yes - especially considering the beating I took just the evening before by a certain age-old toxin that we humans like to use on a frequent basis - it's bizarre, but I had fun today. And it wasn't until some point in the afternoon that I suddenly figured out why. I found myself replying to a (female) client and suddenly realised that for about two or three emails we'd been flat-out FLIRTING. And then I thought about the rest of that day thusfar and realised I'd been flirting all over the place, and barely at any time at my own initiative. In fact, it didn't stop there, I had pleasant interactions with women straight until I got home. To make matters worse, on the Stripliefhebbers forum someone posted a link to the comics convention last Saturday in Zwolle where several of the young upcoming artists decided to get drunk - now, normally, this would interest me as well because after all, upcoming (young AND old) talent is what Probeersel.com is trying to make a stand for, so I'm always trying to find out who's out there that I missed. But this time Cecile 'Saiso' kinda caught my eye, which made me take a better look at what she and Jelena are doing at Saiso.nl. Their stuff's interesting - not particularly spectacular, but I think I'll keep my eye out for their first book which should come out later this year.
Anyway, besides that little plug, I just want to get to the point of my little story here (and then go to bed) which is that spring is definately here. Hormones are rushing again, people give each other the Spring looks that you simply don't see in Autumn and Winter, and good cheer's all around. Well - besides with the people suffering the beforementioned bigger problems in life. But who knows. Perhaps even they felt just a slight bit better today. I for one did. And I was due for that feeling because it's been a while.

And to procrastinate on going to bed, a bit more:
Troy Titane (I'll not reveal his real name for privacy's sake) sent in more comics to prepare for the launch of his new Dutch daily comic on Probeersel.com that starts April 1st. I've seen his stuff (obviously, since he mailed it to me to put on the site) and I'm excited. I think it's genius in its own odd sense of humour and in the drawings he does (which, the first month at least, will be two spirals. Period. I kid you not. I've also seen - since I talk to him in the Cul de Sac quite often - what he's also planning on doing soon and it'll be a great variation in drawings but with the same sense of humour to it.) and he's definately on to something quite unique here. The kind of stuff you'll either love or hate. I'm excited. Simple as that. Keep your eye out for it, April 1st.

And speaking of April (and Cul de Sac), April 1st, evening, Cul de Sac will celebrate its 5 year anniversary. People who've known me for a long time will now furrow their eyebrows, think for a moment, and probably say something along the lines of "only 5 years ? Surely it's been around longer than that !". Which is true. Except it was called the ZOAP back then. It changed its name, and kind of its identity (although most of that was restored rather quickly once clients and personnel decided to want nothing to do with it, in an attempt to get BOTH back) in April 1999. I know this because I was there when they closed it down for some remodeling n stuff, and when it reopened it was named Cul de Sac and even I had to get used to it for a bit. It's still the same great bar though, and from what I can tell it's probably going to be a great evening. So if you're in the neighbourhood that night, make your way over. Cul de Sac, Tilburg, the Netherlands. I'll most likely be there (unless for whatever reason I forget to go, which was the subject of my previous post).

I can tell you more stories but really, folks, my back will really thank me if I lay it to rest on my comfy mattress. I've got a potential new day fo flirting ahead of me in less than 5 hours, so I really should leave it at this. See ya !

No comments: