Saturday, March 13, 2004

Another Cute Psychological Observation Of My Own Self.

Ok, as per usual, first the story behind all this. My glasses broke several months ago. I've neglected to get new ones and walked around with these stuck together with adhesive tape because I've been thinking about laser surgery - which would make getting new glasses pretty damn useless. But months have passed and I completely failed to get round to informing myself about the prices, about how much my health insurance would cover of that, the risks, etc. plus I'm nervous about potential mishaps. In case it goes wrong - for the moment omitting the really microscopic chance I could go blind altogether - I'll be in between glasses, so to speak. My glasses wouldn't work on me anymore but I'd still need glasses to be able to see. This would conflict with my work, my comics, the site management, everything. THAT is the part I'm most concerned about - I'm still so damn busy playing catch-up and trying to tone down all the activities into nice backstashed proportions so I'll have my hands free. As long as that situation - where I can afford to be out of the running for a few months on end altogether - I can not afford to take these risks. So, no go for now. As much as I'd want to. The financial situation also isn't TOO rosey for it yet if health insurance doesn't help me out at all, so no laser show. Yet.
Which means, since the tape solution is ridiculous to walk around with for months on end, I need new glasses.
So today I went ahead and bought some. Now, in the Netherlands, we (as far as I know) don't have one-hour-glasses stores. So it'll take something like a week and a half, two weeks before I'll have them. But I got them. And they cost me 120 Euros which I thought was quite nice. But I'm still not psychologically used to the Euro, so I really needed, in my mind, to see how much or how little that was.
And THAT is the interesting psychological observation. I went ahead and bought for about the same price worth of DVD's I wanted. All overpriced, stack of seven of 'em. Yikes. Glasses are expensive.

In other news. No guests yesterday, so I went out instead. Had a blast !
Vik showed up nicely on time so we managed to take the cats to the vet (more money down the drain yay). They were both very brave and gave us fairly little trouble, especially compared to some of the past trips to there.
I'm still working on the storyboards for The Grim DotCom. Some ideas have already hatched, but I really need more 'boards to really start working on them. I want this to be one hell of a big update on the backstash this time.
I think that's about all that was worth bringing up.

No comments: